Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Operations keeps Waymo’s business rolling. We are the vehicle operators, service technicians and customer support specialists who test and maintain our self-driving vehicles and bring help and guidance to our passengers and customers. The Operations team is the heart of Waymo’s testing operations and ride hailing service, handling every detail to make sure that each ride is the ultimate user experience.
In this role, you’ll:
- Install, repair, and troubleshoot Self-driving System components, including sensors, modules, and integrated sensor stacks
- Run scripts in Linux operating systems to test components and determine root cause of issues
- Be familiar with OEM maintenance items, including: brake systems, oil change intervals, tire replacement/wear indicators, HV coolant systems, HVAC recovery, on-board modules and OBD communication
- Record all repair work through excellent documentation practices
- Clearly communicate with team members and management
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- BA/BS or 4 years of experience in automotive repair/testing or equivalent in similar field
- Diagnostic troubleshooting/experience with OEM systems
- Experience working with HV/hybrid systems
- Experience running scripts and working with Linux based systems
- Ability to adhere to a schedule of operating times for the assigned shift including, but not limited to, working on holidays and shift rotations
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.