Software Engineer, Radar
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Hardware Engineering is a diverse, innovative, and collaborative group of electrical, mechanical, reliability, software and vehicle engineers. We design, build, and perfect the products which are the eyes and ears of Waymo's self-driving systems, and integrate those products into vehicle platforms. We're seeking curious and talented teammates to keep us moving in the right direction.
In this radar software engineering role you'll:
Address and resolve complex challenges encountered in the processing of radar measurements into information about the environment around the self-driving car
Work cross-functionally with other engineering teams as you triage problems and coordinate solutions
Maintain radar perception software, including measurement formation and multi-target tracking systems
- Monitor software performance to detect and address problems before they happen
- Architect and develop software to implement new sensing modes and capabilities
We'd like you to have:
- BA/BS degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, or equivalent practical experience
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in software development
- Experience programming with MATLAB and C++
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- Experience in kinematics or academic coursework
- Experience working with/operating radar systems
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.