Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Our cars may be self-driving, but Waymo’s finances are steered by experts like you. The Finance and Accounting group manages our money and serves as trusted advisors for all our strategic and enterprise endeavors. Along with setting budgets and performing all proper accounting, we run detailed financial analylsis and create advanced capital strategies for the company’s short- and long-term future.
In this role, you'll:
- Serve as a dedicated accounting & controls business partner to support Waymo finance leadership and other internal Alphabet customers, including management of core processes, ad-hoc financial analysis and special projects
- Build necessary financial processes optimized for a new and growing company, leveraging systems and automation wherever possible
- Design and produce GAAP compliant standalone financial statements
- Support new and existing products by leading cross-functional discussions to provide timely accounting guidance on business models and decisions
- Design and maintain effective internal control environment for Revenues and Expenses to ensure accuracy of financial accounts
We'd like you to have:
- 10+ years of Big 4 accounting firm, public company, or start-up experience
- CPA, CA and/or strong working knowledge of US GAAP
- Demonstrated experience in driving process improvement and driving change
- Proven ability to work in a cross-functional, fast-paced environment, and to lead and drive complex initiatives
- Self starter with proven ability to effectively take on complex and unstructured business challenges
- Excellent analytical skills, combined with impeccable business judgment and ability to communicate with seasoned management.
- Experience in the Automotive Industry or manufacturing a plus
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.