Software Engineer, FPGA
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Hardware Engineering is a diverse, innovative, and collaborative group of electrical, mechanical, reliability, software and vehicle engineers. We design, build, and perfect the products which are the eyes and ears of Waymo's self-driving systems, and integrate those products into vehicle platforms. We're seeking curious and talented teammates to keep us moving in the right direction.
In this role, you'll:
- Design and implement data and control flow needed to integrate new sensors into the self driving car
- Develop, deploy, and optimize custom drivers for sensor systems
- Develop novel calibration processes involving multiple sensors and actuation stages in the loop
- Analyze data collected from sensor systems, and develop tools to help do so
- Support sensor manufacturing by customizing existing systems to improve test integration, assembly tracking, and reporting pipelines
- Design core blocks for FPGAs
We'd like you to have:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent expereince
- 3 or more years of C++ programming experience
- Experience with RTL design, System Verilog, and embedded systems
- Proficient in numerical analysis and data visualization with tools such as Matlab, NumPy, or Matplotlib
- Experience with communication interfaces (I2C, RS232, USB, Ethernet)
- Familiar with HLS for FPGA
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.