Intern, Strategy & Business Operations
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Business Strategy and Partnerships roles plan Waymo’s dynamic future and drive all the company’s commercial activity. We do our best work on the cutting edge of macro and micro economic trends, using what we learn to create long-term business strategies and build forward-looking partnerships with other companies.
In this role, you'll:
- Work with senior leadership to develop and refine Waymo’s go-to-market strategy
- Create scalable solutions for high impact strategic issues facing Waymo
- Identify and develop business case for strategic growth opportunities and operational improvements critical to Waymo's success
- Help to execute Waymo's deployment by developing and maintaining key strategic processes
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including engineering, product, partnerships, operations, marketing, communications, and legal
We'd like you to have:
- Currently enrolled in an advanced professional degree (MBA preferred, candidates graduating in the spring are encouraged to apply)
- At least 2 years of work experience in business strategy & operations in technology, transportation, and/or management consulting
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, and project management skills
- Experience developing and delivering executive presentations
- Deep strategic mindset and ability to leverage data to inform business decisions
- Ability to create structure within complex problems
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced industry and be comfortable with ambiguity
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.