Intern, Business Development & Partnerships
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Business Strategy and Partnerships roles plan Waymo’s dynamic future and drive all the company’s commercial activity. We do our best work on the cutting edge of macro and micro economic trends, using what we learn to create long-term business strategies and build forward-looking partnerships with other companies.
In this role, you'll:
- Work with senior management to develop strategic analyses and business models for major initiatives within the business development team
- Identify and evaluate potential partnership opportunities, conduct pre-deal due diligence, structure deal options and present recommendations to management team
- Source, negotiate and execute deals while building trusted partner relationships
- Analyze trends, opportunities and competitive landscapes to set priorities for BD initiatives.
- Identify and build solutions to increase efficiency, maximize joint value and improve engagement in current partnerships programs
- Work to develop strategy and achieve company goals with cross-functional teams including product, operations, marketing, communications, strategy and legal
We’d like you to have:
- Currently enrolled in an advanced professional degree (MBA preferred)
- Ability to analyze data trends, problem solve, and manage projects from creation to completion
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- Comfort working with and delivering presentations to senior management
- Self-motivation, strong attention to detail, and a sense of urgency around delivering on team goals
- Comfort in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and a strong desire to learn
- History of developing and successfully implementing scalable solutions to complex problems within a rapidly-evolving organization
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.