Intern, Industrial Design
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo approaches building the world’s first self-driving car with an integrated approach with researchers, product managers, and technical program managers working side by side. We seek to understand the needs of our users and the opportunities of the technology to ensure we build the best product. From self driving behavior to user interfaces, we work to inspire the product vision and then make it a reality.
In this role, you”ll:
- Work with the cross-disciplinary team to meet the requirement of design goals
- Generate ideas and concepts through strong visual/verbal communication skills
- Develop a physical design language based on Waymo’s brand principles
- Participate in producing looks-like and works-like prototypes of the concepts
- Participate in transitioning the designs to CAD and manufacturing
- Participate in and sometimes lead design presentations
We’d like you to have:
- 2D/3D design skills to visualize ideas
- Design and engineering technical knowledge
- Strong visual/verbal communication and team working skills
- Currently pursuing a degree in Industrial Design or similar field
- Basic shop, fabrication, photoshop and illustrator skills
- VRED, Keyshot, Alias, Solidworks or similar programs
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.