Intern, Public Policy & Government Affairs
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Policy and Government Affairs has a front seat at this exciting moment in the evolution of autonomous transportation policy. Our team works to promote the interests of our passengers, our partners, and of Waymo. Our experts work directly with policymakers at the national, state and local levels to help define transportation policy for the self-driving world to come. Internally, our efforts support the innovative work of engineering, product, strategy, partnerships teams and we work closely with highly-skilled legal and safety experts.
In this role, you”ll:
- Work with the policy team on identifying, managing, and providing the outcomes on one key policy project
- Cover internal meetings, events, visits, and prepare key briefing materials
- Conduct research and provide recommendations on key public policy areas linked to the testing and deployment of driverless technology, including safety, mobility, local impact, etc.
- Work from Mountain View with <10% travel
We’d like you to have:
- Experience conducting research and analyzing quantitative and qualitative information for policy development
- Strong writing and editing skills - able to communicate ideas clearly and concisely for public audiences
- Strong organizational skills - ability to prioritize work and manage time on multiple projects and tasks to meet deadlines, across a variety of internal teams
- Keen attention to detail
- Curiosity, eagerness, and ability to develop new knowledge and skills
- Inclined to think independently and challenge conventional wisdom
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.