Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Our cars may be self-driving, but Waymo’s finances are steered by experts like you. The Finance and Accounting group manages our money and serves as trusted advisors for all our strategic and enterprise endeavors. Along with setting budgets and performing all proper accounting, we run detailed financial analylsis and create advanced capital strategies for the company’s short- and long-term future.
In this role, you'll:
- Partner with Alphabet Finance teams and product, engineering, and business partners to define, establish and implement efficient revenue accounting systems, processes and procedures that can scale effectively as we grow
- Design, own and continuously improve the operation of global processes for the accounting of Waymo’s revenue, including billing data management, invoice generation, payment application, and customer billing inquiries and collections, and related balance sheet reconciliations
- Review and provide input on relevant commercial deals to ensure we are appropriately managing and mitigating risk for Waymo, work through accounting implications and ensuring we can operationally support final deals
- Manage all dimensions of revenue accounting and related issues including subscription revenue, and revenue recognition and deferred revenue; manage journal entries, GL account analysis, and reconciliations as part of the monthly close process
- Establish policies to ensure compliance with current pronouncements and developments
- Play a leadership role in the development and maturation of all aspects of the Waymo Finance’s team Accounting and Control activities
We'd like you to have:
- Combination of Big 4 public accounting experience as well as significant industry experience in an operational accounting role
- CPA, CA and/or strong working knowledge of US GAAP, with a focus on revenue recognition (ASC 605 and ASC 606)
- Leadership experience with large-scale monetization, billing and accounting systems
- Proven ability and enthusiasm to effectively contribute and lead in a collaborative, cross-functional, fast-paced environment and to lead and drive complex operational initiatives
- Top performer who is willing to dive into the details and drive Waymo’s success at all levels both in its own internal activities and its relationship with Alphabet
- Excellent communication skills and organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail and follow through
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.