Intern, Software Engineer, Laser
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Hardware Engineering is a diverse, innovative, and collaborative group of electrical, mechanical, reliability, software and vehicle engineers. We design, build, and perfect the products which are the eyes and ears of Waymo's self-driving systems, and integrate those products into vehicle platforms. We're seeking curious and talented teammates to keep us moving in the right direction.
In this internship, you'll:
- Analyze existing sensor data from a large corpus
- Develop noise models for sensor data
- Discover suitable sparse representations of sensor data
We'd like you to have:
- Understanding of general principles of data compression
- Experience with sparse representations of data like Wavelets
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: C/C++, python, Octave/Matlab
- Pursuing a degree (Masters or PhD) in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field
- Must be currently enrolled in a full-time degree program and returning to the program after the completion of the internship
- Ability to obtain and maintain work authorization in the country of employment in 2019
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.