Intern, Software Engineering & Hardware Testing
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Software Engineering builds the brains of Waymo's fully self-driving vehicles. Our software allows our vehicles to perceive the world around them, make the right decision for every situation, and deliver people safely to their destinations. We think deeply and solve complex technical challenges in areas like robotics, perception, decision-making and deep learning, while collaborating with hardware and systems engineers. If you’re a software engineer or researcher who’s curious and passionate about Level 4 autonomous driving, we'd like to meet you.
In this role, you”ll:
- Develop software for board level and system level testing of sensors used in self-driving cars
- Develop software to bring up new hardware
- Collaborate with Development and Hardware Test Engineering to conduct hands-on troubleshooting of PCBAs, subassemblies and systems
We’d like you to have:
- Finishing BS or MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering , Computer Engineering in 2019
- Strong experience in Python software development
- Strong experience in Linux networking and troubleshooting
- Experience in embedded software development
- Experience in board level circuit testing and troubleshooting
- Strong project management, problem-solving, and analytical skills
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.