Intern, Software Engineer, Perception / Computer Vision
Mountain View, California, United States
Software Engineering builds the brains of Waymo's fully self-driving vehicles. Our software allows our vehicles to perceive the world around them, make the right decision for every situation, and deliver people safely to their destinations. We think deeply and solve complex technical challenges in areas like robotics, perception, decision-making and deep learning, while collaborating with hardware and systems engineers.
Responsibilities of the internship:
- Understand the state of the art (SoA) computer vision models
- Implement and develop machine learning models that fit the requirement of the self-driving car system
- Deploy the models to production
Skill and attribute requirements:
- Solid understanding of the current state of the art models for object classification and detection
- Hands-on experiences with common deep neural networks, such as convolutional neural network and recurrent neural network
- Proficient in C++ and python
- Project experiences with human pose estimation, or action/video classification is a plus
- Pursuing a degree (MS, MA or PhD) in Robotics, Computer Science or a related field
- Must be currently enrolled in a full-time degree program
- Ability to obtain and maintain work authorization in the country of employment in 2019
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.