Policy & Product Counsel
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
At Waymo Legal, you will work on the exciting legal issues surrounding our transformational autonomous vehicle technology. We work closely with our policy, safety, security and privacy experts to help define transportation policy for the self-driving world to come, proposing new guidelines and consulting with lawmakers on regulatory changes that support and protect our users around the world. We also provide counsel to our product, engineering, and business teams, litigate cases, and make sure we comply with all global rules and regulations. We also assist with partnerships and commercial transactions and manage all of Waymo’s varied intellectual property.
In this Policy & Product Counsel role, you'll:
- Advise on a wide range of international, federal, state and local legal policy matters in conjunction with cross-functional teams.
- Represent Waymo Legal in legal policy meetings with external policymakers, regulators, and other interested stakeholders.
- Provide legal advice to teams from Engineering, Product Management, Marketing and Communications from the initial stages of product development to scaled commercial operation.
- Respond promptly to a wide range of legal requests from Engineering, Product Management, and other business groups on product features and functionalities.
We'd like you to have:
- JD degree or equivalent.
- Active and in good standing in one State Bar in the United States.
- 8+ years of relevant law firm, government, and/or in-house experience.
- Excellent analytical, communication and organizational skills, and demonstrated ability to manage several simultaneous projects under deadline pressure.
- Experience with self-driving car or other complex, multi-jurisdictional regulatory matters.
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.