Intern, Software Engineer, Internal Tools / Infrastructure
Mountain View, California, United States
Software Engineering builds the brains of Waymo's fully self-driving vehicles. Our software allows our vehicles to perceive the world around them, make the right decision for every situation, and deliver people safely to their destinations. We think deeply and solve complex technical challenges in areas like robotics, perception, decision-making and deep learning, while collaborating with hardware and systems engineers.
Responsibilities of the internship:
- Apply knowledge gained in computer science courses to real-world problems
- Analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution to effectively solve problems
- Develop scripts to automate routine tasks
- Create and support a productive and innovative team; this includes working with peers, managers, and teams
Skill and attribute requirements:
- Completed projects (inside or outside of school) or classes focused on Data Structures and Algorithms; experience with algorithms, using data structures to solve problems, and interpreting algorithms and contributing ideas to their development
- Experience with linear coding and use language features when necessary (e.g., data structures, branching, function-calls, and conditionals)
- Pursuing a degree (BS, MS, MA or PhD) in Robotics, Computer Science or a related field
- Must be currently enrolled in a full-time degree program
- Ability to obtain and maintain work authorization in the country of employment in 2019
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.