Policy Operations Specialist
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
The Waymo Policy and Government Affairs team has a front seat in this exciting moment in the evolution of autonomous vehicle, transportation and tech policy. Successful navigation of the policy landscape is critically important to deploying and scaling our business. Our team works directly with policymakers and third party groups at the national, state and local levels to help advance transportation policy, educate on the safety benefits of the technology, and advance consumer awareness and acceptance. Internally, our efforts support the innovative work of engineering, product, strategy, and partnerships teams, and we work closely with highly-skilled legal and safety experts.
In this Policy Operations Specialist role you'll:
- Serve as primary point of contact for managing logistics and process flow for VIPs, elected officials and dignitaries visiting an office
- Oversee the briefing preparation process for visits and executive meetings, collaborating with the relevant Policy Team leads to ensure that presentation materials are finalized and approved
- Coordinate with external stakeholders on all event/visit logistics. Depending on the location, logistical support could include guest registration, badging, managing audio-visual support, catering, parking reservation, tours requests, security and walkthroughs
- Manage contacts database
- Serve as lead for coordinating strategic action item updates and inputs
- Provide Policy Team support in creating internal and external presentations
We'd like you to have:
- BA/BS degree; and 3-7 years of experience managing events, logistics, government affairs, and/or public policy operations
- Experience working with government officials
- Well organized, attention to detail and ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to travel
- Solution-oriented approach to problem
- Excellent personal, political, analytical communications skills
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.