Program Manager, System Test
Atwater, California, United States
Waymo's systems engineering team works together to blend software and hardware systems in groundbreaking new ways. We set the high performance standards that ensure our vehicles run smoothly and keep passengers safe, then design and perform the tests that validate that performance. Our technical program managers create and maintain the plans and timelines that keep projects on schedule. We're looking for talented teammates who’ll help us maintain strong teamwork and are passionate about driving results.
In this Program Manager role, you'll:
- Develop, plan and execute new and existing vehicle tests
- Track and document vehicle test issues and potential solutions by communicating concisely and delivering detailed test reports
- Perform vehicle evaluations, identify potential customer complaints, investigate root cause, and recommend potential improvements
- Organize and facilitate pre, post and mid-test design inspections and test reviews
- Manage, train and create training materials for team of vehicle operators and technicians
We'd like you to have:
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field or equivalent practical experience
- Knowledge of methods and techniques used in vehicle testing and maintenance
- Detailed understanding of automotive systems and failure modes, especially hybrid and electric powertrains
- Experience troubleshooting mechanical and electrical systems with a variety of hand, power, diagnostic, and debugging tools
- One to two years of experience in vehicle reliability, durability, performance testing or prototype development
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.