Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
As a member of the communications team, you’ll be on the cutting edge of bringing self-driving vehicles to the public, developing strategies that will increase understanding, acceptance, and adoption of this life-saving technology. We work with reporters, editors, bloggers, and other influencers to tell stories about Waymo and the potential of our technology to change how we move and live. We partner with the engineering, business, policy, marketing and product teams to create messaging for new products and other initiatives, counter misinformation, and shape our reputation.
This is a 10-12 week paid summer internship open to recent graduates or students with an expected graduation date of Spring 2018. Interns are given a lot of responsibility and the opportunity to provide a meaningful contribution to the team. Interns will be considered for a potential full-time role on the Waymo communications team, based on performance over the course of the program.
In this role, you'll:
- Find and tell compelling stories to promote Waymo’s fully self-driving technology and service, including writing blog posts, creating social media content and running additional campaigns
- Help respond to incoming reporter queries, with an opportunity to pitch proactive stories
- Organize media events, interviews and presentations
- More specific responsibilities are assigned to interns at the start of the program
We’d like you to have:
- Expected graduation date of Spring 2018, recent graduate, or equivalent practical experience
- Able to complete a 10-12 week internship program beginning in May or June 2018
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Detail-oriented and highly organized, capable of coordinating team members and cross-functional stakeholders
- Ability to work calmly and maintain good judgment in fast-paced, ambiguous, and high-stress environments
- Interest in technology, automotive, urban or mobility sectors
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.