Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo approaches building the world’s first self-driving car with an integrated approach with researchers, product managers, and technical program managers working side by side. We seek to understand the needs of our users and the opportunities of the technology to ensure we build the best product. From self driving behavior to user interfaces, we work to inspire the product vision and then make it a reality.
In this UXR role you'll:
We'd like you to have:
- Lead critical market research initiatives to deepen Waymo’s understanding of consumers (including brand equity tracking, market segmentations), and new business opportunities around the future of autonomous mobility
- Design, execute, and lead custom market research studies (primarily quantitative methods), as well as successfully managing market research vendors
- Proactively collaborate with Marketing, PR, Engineering, Product, Executives, ID and UX teams and ensure they understand and take action on research insights
- Independently and openly manage successful stakeholder relationships
- Consistently deliver clear and rigorous research findings that inform and inspire action
- Must work from Mountain View, CA office and be willing to travel up to 50% of the time
- Advance degree related to Market Research
- Minimum 3+ years of relevant product research experience in fast-paced and dynamic environments
- Expert level knowledge of market research methodologies (quantitative and qualitative), including when and how to apply them (designing & executing) across the product development cycle
- Humble collaborator and effective communicator driven to ensure research outcomes that advance Waymo’s knowledge and products
- Ideally but not required - experience working on self-driving vehicle technology, automotive products, or mobility products
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.