Experiential Marketing Manager
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
On the Waymo Marketing team, you will help to connect people with the magic and impact of Waymo's self-driving technology. Our team has the unique opportunity to not only grow Waymo's brand from the ground up, but to also build societal acceptance for fully self-driving technology for the first time in history. We build thoughtful marketing strategy, positioning, messaging and creative assets to deliver messages that matter to our audience, communicated through anything from video content, to social media interactions, to immersive physical experiences. We also shape Waymo's go-to-market initiatives, helping to transform Waymo into a thriving business with a growing user base.
In this marketing role, you'll:
- Develop high-level strategy and approach for Waymo’s experiential marketing efforts, helping to bring our brand to life through unique physical experiences and events such as booths, displays, demos, sponsorships, and other creative experiences
- Lead planning for events ranging from scrappy community pop-ups to national trade shows. Flex across audiences such as consumers, press, policy makers, third party organizations, recruiting candidates, and partners
- Collaborate with designers or marketing agencies to develop the detailed creative plan for all marketing events or experiences, including floor plans, structural design, print assets, video displays, and more
- Define the detailed operations plan for all marketing events or experiences, including budget, staffing, timeline, communications guidelines, schedules, logistics, and more
- Manage day-of set up of events or experiences, ensuring the execution goes according to plan
We'd like you to have:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 5 years of direct experience in experiential marketing, events marketing, retail marketing, or equivalent fields. Strong creative portfolio of past events or experiences, e.g. brand experience centers, retail spaces, influencer events like SXSW/CES, museum exhibits, etc
- Able to flex across different types of events, from low-budget community pop-ups, to highly immersive physical experiences. Also able to flex to different audiences including consumers, partners, press, policy makers, recruiting candidates, etc
- Very creative and out-of-the-box thinker. Constantly pushing the boundaries to come up with novel, refreshing, yet still highly strategic experiential marketing ideas
- Very strong eye for brand and design. Able to work collaboratively with designers and agencies, integrating the digital and physical world to deliver a rich experience
- Highly seasoned project manager and events planner. Extremely organized and resourceful, with very strong attention to detail. Proven ability to make the most out of change
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.