- Identifier and similar information, such as your name and password, phone number, email, and address, as well as unique identifiers tied to the browser, application, or device you’re using.
- Demographic information, such as age, gender, language, and size of household.
- Sensitive personal information, which may include personal identification numbers (such as government-issued identification), precise geolocation, racial or ethnic origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, and personal data collected and analyzed concerning your health (e.g., disability status).
- Commercial information, such as your payment method and billing address.
- Internet, network, and other activity information, such as views, access times, and interactions with content and our apps; referrer URL when you use our products; the device you use to access our app, including hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, device event information (such as crashes, hardware settings, and the date and time of your request); in-vehicle interfaces; and wireless and/or mobile network information.
- Geolocation data, which may be determined by GPS, IP address, and other data from sensors on or around your device, depending in part on your device and app settings. With your permission, we also collect the precise location of your mobile device. We also collect pickup and drop-off location, details about the vehicle’s route and device location information during a trip.
- Communications data, such as emails, if you use our services to send and receive messages.
- Audio, electronic, visual and similar information, such as your Google profile picture, video recorded inside the vehicle during trips, and audio recording during active voice calls with our support teams. Please visit our Help Center for more information.
- Professional, employment, and education information: such as information you provide including education information and employment details.
- Other information you create or provide, such as when you fill out a form, use interactive features, provide feedback, participate in a contest or promotion, request customer support, create content, or otherwise communicate with us.
- Inferences drawn from the above such as understanding frequently visited destinations, determining new or optimal drop-off and pickup locations, suggesting destinations, and personalizing your experience, including any ads or other information you see when you use our products and services.
- Protecting against security threats, abuse, and illegal activity, such as to detect, investigate, prevent and address fraud, vehicle collisions, complaints, disputes, violations of our customer agreements and other illegal activity; and to protect the rights, safety and property of Waymo and others.
- Auditing and measurement: Waymo uses information for analytics and measurement to understand how our services and products are used. We may disclose aggregate information publicly and with certain partners, including for auditing purposes.
- Maintaining our services: Waymo uses information to ensure our services are working as intended, such as tracking outages or troubleshooting bugs and other issues that you report to us.
Research and development: Waymo uses information to improve our services and to develop new products, features and technologies.
Communicate with you about service and account notices and features, offers, news and other information we think will be of interest to you.
Personalization: Waymo processes information, including online identifiers and information about your interactions with products and services, to personalize your experience, including any ads or other information you see when you use our products and services.
Facilitate contests, sweepstakes, and promotions: If you choose to participate, Waymo uses information to process and deliver entries and rewards.
Legal reasons: Waymo also uses information to satisfy applicable laws or regulations, and discloses information as required by regulation or in response to legal process or enforceable government requests, including to law enforcement.
- Other people with whom you choose to share your information, like if you want us to send information about your trip to another person or Waymo customer.
- Third parties with your consent such as services that integrate with Waymo services.
- Law enforcement or other third parties, for the legal reasons described in How we share the information we collect.
- Merger or acquisition: In the event of a reorganization, merger, financing transaction, corporate reorganization, sale of company assets or acquisition, we may share any and all personal information we collect with the relevant third party.